Whether you’re relocating or just rearranging, moving heavy furniture is a big job. We at B&B Moving and Storage have expertise in moving big and heavy furniture. We have are doing it for over 30 Years now, we know all the tips and tricks to handle this stuff.
Few Quick tips from our experience:
1. DO NOT use tape on furniture. Even masking tape will leave a residue. It could become a permanent fixture on your favourite armoire.
2. Decide beforehand which furniture will go where. Before you move, sketch a floor plan with the correct measurements of each room, measure your furniture and create your layout.
3. Take apart what you can. Mark the parts in order so it be easy while assembling at the final place.
4. A tall dresser, filing cabinet or shelving unit is difficult to handle. Always have 2 persons handle it. Have one person carry the top while the other carries the bottom. This centers the weight and keeps the item from swinging out of control.
5. Make Sure Drawers and Doors are Tied Closed. Do not tape doors and drawers shut. Tape is so hard on wood surfaces and almost impossible to get off without removing some of the finish. Remember the first tip?
Happy Clients Say
“We were moving the contents of a large house within Connecticut. They were great. Showed up at 9 as requested. They rearranged some furniture in the house..."~ H S.
“Showed up on time, very professional and clean truck! "~Vito Calamito
“Came within hours for a last minute plea to move a piano - great service and reasonable rates."~Brian Vahey
“Called the last minute and they responded promptly and very professional. They showed up on time and moved the items very carefully as if it was there..."~ US Surveillance
“B&B (Sam) was very accommodating to me and my schedule. B&B crew were very professional, careful and polite when moving my belongings into my new home...."~Michael
“Sam and his men did a great job Little concerned when first startedBut polite, hard working and consciousWould recommend "~Hugh B.
“Ibrahim and his crew were professional and moved the contents of our house safely and efficiently. B&B priced the move very competitively and I would..."~Josh R. Ridgefield, CT
“Sam moved a very heavy, expensive dining room set from ********** to ********* **. He and his movers were very professional and the set was very well wrapped..."~Marnie A.