Whether you’re relocating or just rearranging, moving heavy furniture is a big job. We at B&B Moving and Storage have expertise in moving big and heavy furniture. We have are doing it for over 30 Years now, we know all the tips and tricks to handle this stuff.
Few Quick tips from our experience:
1. DO NOT use tape on furniture. Even masking tape will leave a residue. It could become a permanent fixture on your favourite armoire.
2. Decide beforehand which furniture will go where. Before you move, sketch a floor plan with the correct measurements of each room, measure your furniture and create your layout.
3. Take apart what you can. Mark the parts in order so it be easy while assembling at the final place.
4. A tall dresser, filing cabinet or shelving unit is difficult to handle. Always have 2 persons handle it. Have one person carry the top while the other carries the bottom. This centers the weight and keeps the item from swinging out of control.
5. Make Sure Drawers and Doors are Tied Closed. Do not tape doors and drawers shut. Tape is so hard on wood surfaces and almost impossible to get off without removing some of the finish. Remember the first tip?
Happy Clients Say
“Sam moved a very heavy, expensive dining room set from ********** to ********* **. He and his movers were very professional and the set was very well wrapped..."~Marnie A.
“B and B did a great job getting our move done even with many problems at our end. They were helpful and always punctual and polite! "~Mary ellen T.
“Despite many difficulties with our closing, Sam and his crew were very accommodating, always helpful and polite!"~Mary Ellen Tiernan
“Amazing job in packing and moving me last minute. I highly recommend this company if you need to move immediately or down the road. They made sure all..."~Fatima Daka
“Thanks, B&B, for a job well done today! Having my antique piano moved is always stressful and B&B come through at the last minute. They arrived on time..."~ Sheryl P.
“We were moving the contents of a large house within Connecticut. They were great. Showed up at 9 as requested. They rearranged some furniture in the house..."~ H S.
“I'm very pleased to hire B & B Moving for my packing moving and dumping. I lived in ********** since1971 and B & B Moving moved me to ******** I will refer..."~Margaret A.
“A very great company to work with. They were timely and professional. I highly recommend. "~Mike B.
“B&B Moving did an excellent job when we moved out of state. The crew was professional and polite and went the extra mile. We had a flawless move and when..."~ Mary Lou Hubbert